The 63rd Annual Meeting was held on Saturday, December 3, 2016 at the Westin Copley Place in Boston, Massachusetts. Dr. Heena Santry, the Program Chair, organized an exciting, comprehensive program focusing on issues surrounding surgeon wellness. Highlights of the program included sessions that appealed to seasoned surgeons, as well as Residents, the future of our practice:
- Safety for Surgeons panel
- Opioid Therapy for Surgeons in the Midst of a Public Health Crisis session
- Surgeon Burnout session
- A Colleague in Trouble: An Interactive Workshop for Practicing Surgeons
- Commission on Cancer session
- The Survivor Game
- Resident Research Paper Competitions in General Surgery and Subspecialties; and
- The ever-popular Resident Top Gun Competition during which surgical residents from throughout Massachusetts showcased their laparoscopic skills
As the Secretary of the MCACS, I hope that you will find the information contained on this site useful. I invite you to attend our Annual Meeting, get involved with advocacy, participate in fellowship activities and possibly join the leadership of the Chapter. If there are issues you would like the Council to address, please contact the Chapter’s administrative offices by phone at 978-927-8330, email, or feel free to contact any of the Chapter Officers. Finally, remember to follow the Chapter @MaChapterACS. We look forward to hearing from you and getting your Tweet!
Dmitry Nepomnayshy, MD, FACS
Abstract submission is now closed.
Preliminary Program is now available!
Registration is now available!
|What: Boston Red Sox vs. Baltimore Orioles
When: Friday evening, August 25th at 7:10 pm
Where: Fenway Park - right field box, sections 35 & 37
How: Red Sox tickets online order form
Why: To promote fellowship
SAVE THE DATE: ACS Leadership & Advocacy Summit
May 19-22, 2018 at the Renaissance Downtown Hotel in Washington, DC
MA Chapter Members Drs. Heena Santry, Kathryn Huges, Naveen Sangji and Erica Kane visit with Senator Markey and Senator Warren’s staff at the 2017 ACS Leadership Summit held in Washington DC.
click to view larger image
|Join MCACS team "Cut to the Chase"
Register for the 14th Run to Remember*
(5 Mile or Half Marathon options)
Seaport World Trade Center Boston
Sunday, May 27, 2018
* During the registration process, you will be asked if you are affiliated with a running club. You must select 'Yes' and then select 'Cut to the Chase' from the Running Clubs listed in the drop down menu.
The event featured a panel on the surgical response to firearm violence. Guest speakers included Peter Koutoujian, Sheriff of Middlesex County; Dr. Eric Goralnick of Brigham and Women’s Hospital; Dr. David King of MGH; Dr. Michael Hirsh of UMass Memorial Medical Center; William Evans, Boston Police Commission; and Robert A. DeLeo, Speaker of the House.
view larger image
|If you would like to get involved in serving as a Surgeon Advocate in MA, please email your name and home address to the MC-ACS administrative offices.
The Chapter thanks the North American Rescue, www.NARescue.com, which provided CATs for the event.
View photo gallery View the program