The 65th Annual Meeting was held on Saturday, December 1, 2018 at the Westin Copley Place in Boston, Massachusetts. Dr. Rocco Ricciardi of Massachusetts General Hospital, the Program Chair, organized an exciting, comprehensive program addressing the theme, The Role of the Surgeon in Quality Improvement. Highlights of the program included sessions that appealed to seasoned surgeons, as well as Residents, the future of our practice:
- Breakfast with Exhibitors and an Exhibitor Passport
- Resident Research Paper Competition and Awards in General Surgery and Subspecialties covering basic and clinical topics in oral and poster formats
- ACS recognition from the Commission on Cancer and the Committee on Trauma
- Survivor Game challenging residents on case studies moderated by Dr. George C. Velmahos of Massachusetts General Hospital
- 3 Panels:
- Accreditation Programs in Surgery
- Impact of Enhanced Recovery Programs in Surgery
- Gender Bias in Surgical Training; Implications on Training and Patient Outcomes
- Keynote Luncheon: VA/NSQIP and the Seismic Change in the Surgical Landscape
Kamal M.F. Itani, MD, FACS of Boston University School of Medicine
- 7th Annual Top Gun Competition where residents from 8 Massachusetts surgical programs showcased their technical skills, chaired by Dr. Faina Nakhlis of Brigham and Women's Hospital
On behalf of the MCACS Council, we hope that you will find the information contained on this site useful. I invite you to attend the 66th Annual Meeting, get involved with advocacy, participate in fellowship activities and possibly join the leadership of the Chapter. If there are issues you would like the Council to address, please contact the Chapter's administrative offices by phone at 978-927-8330, email, or feel free to contact any of the Chapter Officers.
Finally, remember to follow the Chapter @MaChapterACS. We look forward to hearing from you and getting your Tweet!
Peter S. Hopewood, MD, FACS
Chapter Member Benefits
Preliminary Program is Now Online
Register before the early bird deadline of Friday, November 25, 2019.
Download Registration Form
|Join MCACS team "Cut to the Chase"
16th Run to Remember*
(5 Mile or Half Marathon options)
Seaport World Trade Center Boston
Sunday, May 24, 2020
click to view larger image
*During the registration process, you will be asked if you are affiliated with a running club. You must select 'Yes' and then select 'Cut to the Chase' from the Running Clubs listed in the drop down menu.